..."[I} just had an epic battle with a wasp that somehow snuck into our house...
He must have gotten in through the window in the kitchen, but I didn't see him get in... I was passing through the kitchen back to the computer room as I was packing a box, and there he was, black and waspy and humongous.
And he was hopping mad to be trapped in our house. He was bouncing back and forth between the windows in the computer room, not landing. He then flew toward the light in the computer room, which required me to duck out of his way.
He flew into the kitchen again and landed on the screen in the open window and I swung at him...
I missed!!
I hurried and closed the window to trap him inside.
He wanted a piece of me...I considered letting him starve in there for a couple of days, but we needed the ventiliation and it creeped me out having him in there.
So, once he started walking around i opened the window again and swung.
I hit him, but just barely! (he was walking along with a bit of a limp)
I swung again, and he wedged himself in between the plastic in the flyswatter, trapped, but still alive. The whole flyswatter buzzed like a cell phone with his beating wings as he tried to escape.
I planted him down on the sink and grabbed the nearest solid object I could find, the lid of the candle that had kept the window open.
I struck the killing blow, and he buzzed no more.
Still twitching and still a bit spooky, I grabbed him with kleenex and flushed him away.
I just hope he's gone for good this time."
Note to future wasps - don't mess with my husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment