Saturday, February 4, 2012

Baby's first Christmas

Kinley loved her first Christmas, and we loved sharing it with her. She had some really cute outfits to celebrate in (THANKS Grandma Pam!), and tons of people to lavish her in attention (her favorite).  It was busy with visits from wonderful family and tons of action around the Myers' home. All of the Utahans were sad there was no snow, but I didn't mind in the least! 

Here are some special moments we captured:



Movie Star!

Cousin Sophie and Kinley
Cousin Audrey taking a moment to hold Kinley
Cousin Garrett loved to hug and kiss Kinley ("even though she has claws")
Cousin David was the best with Kinley, and offered to babysit
Christmas morning after church posing with Grandma and Grandpa
Happy Family on Christmas morning
She loves her Daddy!
"Just give me the wrapping paper and no one gets hurt"
Kinley LOVED Grandma's country style Christmas tree and lights. 
I love the holidays because it helps remind me that I want to be (and can be) a better person. I set goals and tried to remember the Savior despite the hussle and bussle. Some days I did better than others, but this year was special for me as a new mother. Having Kinley in my life has really opened my eyes, heart and mind to the experiences of Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus over two millennium ago. I felt more connected to the experience in Bethlehem. I felt the same desire of good things Mary and Joseph had for their earthly Son. I felt my heart overflowing in love. That was what Christmas was about for me this year. It wasn't what I was getting, but what I already had. And what I had is made possible because of the birth, life, atonement, sacrifice, example, death and Resurrection of the Savior. 

What a season to be merry, happy, have peace, and love!    

No comments:

Post a Comment